java - Hungarian Notation in Android Naming Conventions -


Therefore, I'm not a big fan. Today an Android developer of my company dropped official advice into Android development, and I was surprised by the fact that they find it useful to start all code names with m .

I think, there is only one such case where this mSomeField name can be useful, the absence of code highlighting, in this case it is easy to see which variable Are local, and none of them is there. But these days no IDE can show it, right? So why are these rules and conventions necessary in the up-to-date Android code?

UPDATE : OK, my bad, it seems that these suggestions are for contributors (in this case it makes sense, they want to keep the same way as coding. ). Anyway, I was told that it is often used in Android projects. If so, then the question is about those projects.

You have to ask the original developers who are the standard for the project :) It completely speculates on my part But when you think that Android is built on Linux and it has a lot of C / C + code, then I think the option to use the Hungarian signal is only the old school C ++ influence in the organism The code side of the codebase is unfortunate in the modern world of IDE And for me this is a bit of a "code smell" in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -