c# - Processing XML documentation files prior to Sandcastle -


Consumed by the redcast.

Now, by being lazy, I would like to avoid writing XML commentary, if the information that exists is somewhere else. Some of my classes have extra information in the form of custom attributes about their members, so I'm looking for a simple way to automatically add this information to the XML document file before sandcastle processes.

My view was that either step in a post-build phase or pre-build Sandcastle project in the assembly, in any way, this build step generated XML document read in a DOM, on the compiled assembly Make some reflection, add this information to the XML DOM and overwrite the original XML file.

Now I'm thinking:

  • Am I changing the wheel here again? What is an existing system for adding information to the documentation?
  • If my approach is actually the easiest solution: is there an existing library that wraps the XML documentation file and allows easy modification, or XDocument is my best bet? Note: I found, but it seems to be read only. I also got the MSDN Artible, so there is at least XML file format document.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -