amazon web services - Inner workings of an elastic search? -


I want to learn how elasticsearch works I have had concerns about the scalability of my design. I have 50 million documents, each document has approximately 50 string properties, 45 integer properties and 5 date time properties.

So my worries are when I query the E with E, containing the date of 8 fields and 3 sorting based on date and integer values. How does ES do? What happens in the background, so when the system reaches 500 million, I ensure that performance?

The link is a good start to understand what the comment is going on. But you do not have to understand everything to work things out. Good thing on elastic search - it's elastic means, it's very well scales , so if you need more performance then you have more RAM / CPU / server You can add and maybe configure the cluster (well, at least then you should learn something about shards and nodes).

BTW, your scenario is not very difficult for Lucene (which is ES based), if you need to query under the second or more, we use the same settings with & gt; 200M documents on a single medium range server (approximately 2500 euro). I encourage you to create a real live test on your desktop / laptop indexing 50m backs. We have also done this

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -