how to return from bash function with a message? -


I have a function that calls a command, when the command fails, I have to resize a message and then signal failure .

EDIT: Sorry, I do not remember that if I had an attempt to do this, as other answers have said, then I may have made a mistake, so I am removing it .

This one works fine:

  function F () {command || Return 1}   

But I will have to resign the message to indicate due to failure, so I tried to do it, even this function does not come back

  function f () {command || (Echo "message" & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;; refund1)}   

Recommend the right way to do this.

In this case:

  function F () {command | | (Resonant "message" and return 1)}   

The brackets make a subsection, and therefore returning to the function instead of returning to that subsection to avoid it, instead Use {} (but note that you need the space around them and requires a semicolon before } ). Additionally, the use of the function keyword is non-standard Finally, it is conventional to send an error message to stderr instead of stdout. Here is the definition definition as follows:

  F () {command || {Resonant "Message" & gt; & Amp; 2 & amp; Amp; Return 1; }}   

I do not know why the if ... version does not work for you (this was done to me), as long as you have brackets Do not even use it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -