regex - Regular expression help - what's wrong? -


I want to ask for help with my regex. I need to remove the very last part from each URL. I have marked it as 'to_extract' in the example below.

I want to know what is in the following reggeks when used with sed:

  sed 's / ^ [ht | f] tp Sample content of file.txt *   

  http: // a / b / c / to_extract ftp: // a / b / c / to_extract ...   

I'm getting the right result for FTP link but not for the HT. Thanks in advance for your explanation on this I

change [ht | F] to (ht | f) , will result in better results.

[abc] means "a letter which is a , b or c ".

[ht | F] means "a letter which is h , T , | or f ", Not exactly what you want.

On some versions of sed, you have to call it from the -r option so that extended regags can be used:

  sed - R 's / ^ (ht | f) tp * \ /// 'file.txt   

If you want to remove the last part of the URL and do not want anything else, then you probably want

 < Code> Sed -rn 's / ^ (ht | f) tp * \ / /// p 'file.txt    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -