php - Have a local codebase but remote database in WordPress -


In our team, I used to be the only developer, used to coding directly on our remote dev server, but we had more developers So we need to move the codebase on our local machines so that we do not face any file conflicts.

However, although I want to use a local codebase, I do not want to use the local database, there is a problem synchronizing the database and honestly not really necessary so we have more than one Sticking on codebase, but a database.

How can I run WordPress on my local machine while still using our remote server database? How can this be fixed in the MAMP?

I'm new to server / port / database installation, so this is not my strong suit problem which I do not know how the URL turns out to be around.

For example, our WP sites have url formats:

  • site1.portal.dev
  • site2.portal.dev

    When I write these URLs, then I should be Codebase , but Database is known as our remote dev server.

    Update the configuration to point to the remote database.

    Unless the configuration of that database allows you to connect it, it is very easy. An example of



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -