delphi - How to achieve smaller size of the executable? -


After a long time, I have returned after a long time in Delphi and an old release to my client ... < / P>

I know that size has no effect these days, but I have been strangely struck that a unit application, when compiled, 1x084 / 416b executable one and only .pice I wrote the unit, it is 20.8k larger, mostly due to the prosperity of Gai

Usage section is as follows:

  Windows, messages, SUsUtils, variants, classes, controls, forms, struts, dialogs, ADODB, DB Uses DBGrid, Extra Secrets, DBCTRLs, STCTRL, Grid, Menus, Buttons;   

I wonder if in any way can I reduce the size of the application to 300-400 or less?

  1. Did you debug or build a release? (For small size issue it, make sure that optimization is on, debug info is off)

  2. Did you turn off RTII (DLFA 2010 and above) If not needed? (Size of small EXE.)

  3. The number of units in the section of your use of your main unit is not a good way to estimate the EXE size, think about it: Vcl There is only a large amount of code, the database layer is another, and the content you write is probably a very small percentage of the X-shaped size.

  4. To understand your executable size, try JCL Project Analyzer, or read the map file when you turn on the map option. It will tell you what's inside your executable file.

    It will be silly for many reasons, but for example, you can get a small executable using Delphi 7. Finally when I make an application and I want to minimize it, I think how long it will take, and how much effort will be made to rebuild everything (like with the VCL option) and then I myself I say this

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -