regex - Why is grep showing lines that don't match? -


I am trying to print all the lines with at least one letter which is not numerical.

My Grep code looks like this: grep '[^ [: Points:]] GteST

Where GteSt is: < pre> test 55 55 pink 123 ssas sas sas a1b2 abba doup dap 12 13 77 a 59360 and in gteast it is exactly the same except the matching parts of the lines (All alpha characters of aka) Instead of displaying matching letters in red, I would print lines / only / matching characters Want.

I grep tag (-o, -w, etc.), but none of these do this for me.

Am I missing something?

Edit:

Expected Production will be:

  Exam 55 55 Pink SAS AAA SAAAA SSA1B2 ABA Dup DAP 77A    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -