Converting a non-standard datetime field in SQL server -


I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 I am given the data in which format mm / dd / yy : Mm: smmmm I have some examples here:

  1/16/2013 10: 31: 38.000000 AM 11/12/2013 3: 42: 12.000000 Prime Minister 12/6 / 2013 2: 42: 46.000000 PM   

I want to convert to a datetime format so that I can work with them, but I'm having problems ... I found different sites Which is different date time formats (such as), but this format is not listed anywhere.

I have tried to convert casting and many different ways, including the following:

  Select CAST (field as field) from the table; Choose from the table conversion (date time, field, 101);   

But I keep getting this error: "Message 241, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 conversion character string failed to change date and / or time."

I think because my field is in the format, so the standard SQL can not recognize it?

Any help would be appreciated. If already covered, I'm sorry - I have spent 4 hours looking for this and other sites but I can not find the answer ...

Should not you cast it on Datetime2 type instead? Datetime is only accurate, as high as millisecond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -