java - Which charset should I use to encode and decode 8 bit values? -


I have a problem with decoding encoding and specific byte values. I am applying an application, where I need to get string data, there is a need to manipulate it and return the second string.

I currently byte [] String.getbytes () is manipulating, and then the string is generated by the string by the manufacturer (byte [] Data is returning . The problem is, when certain bytes have specific values ​​eg -120 , -127 , etc., coding in constructor ? returns the character, which is a byte value 63 . As far as I know, these are the values ​​that can not be printed on Windows, related to the fact that in Java there is -120 10001000 , that < According to code>

Is there a charset, do I properly code every byte value And can I use to decode (128 to 127)? : I would also say that, ISO-8859-1 charset works very well, but the code does not do special characters, such as ąęćśńźżół

There is some confusion about encoding, will not be specific , so I will try to help clean some .

There are no letters nor encodings that use code numbers from -128 to 0, do not exist. If you treat byte as an unsigned integer, then you get the 0-255 range all valid for cp- * and isoo-8859- * charsets.

ASCII characters are in the range of 0-127 and therefore it is valid that you treat it as integral as signed or unsigned.

In the UTF-8 letter either 0-127 or with the first byte of double byte characters, limit 128-255.

You mention some Polish characters, so instead of ISO-8859-1, you need ISO-8859-2 or (preferably) UTF-8 .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -