objective c - Universal iOS app using CocoaPods - which files to check in into Git? -


In Xcode 5, I am developing a universal iOS app - on three different Mac OS machines (where I have to get different user names).

also - "admin", "Alex", etc.)

My project is through CocoaIPods Uses the SDWebImage library and I'm planning to add some more later.

Project in Git-repository at GitHub or BitBucket.

I am confused: which files in my project should I check in the git repository.

Specifically I wonder that 2 groups of files:

  1. related to cocopodes (currently i only podfile and podfile .Lock is checked in , but there are also Pods.xconfig and pods , etc.)
  2. and related to Xcode (I I should check in workspace settings I user data - admin - ... ?)

    What to do Screenshot of Commit Dialog Is:

     xcode s creathot

    When I run git clean -n -d in my project directory, I see the following:

      must remove the lock word. Xcodeproj / xcuserdata / word will be removed. Xcworkspace /   

    and my Podfile include the following:

      Platform: IOS, '6.0' pod 'SDWebImage' / Code>  

    UPDATE:

    I have a containing xcuserdata , but for some reasons the User data files also appear:

    xcode screenshot

    This is a matter of taste and your requirements for projects. There are two schools:

    1. Never check the generated code. Place your xcworkspace, podfile.lock and pods folder in .gitignore and never create them. Directly direct the developers to your code base to run pod install after checkout. This is my preferred option, and as long as your pod dependency points to a specific version or a range of compatible versions Should work fine till

    2. The directory in the workplace, lock file and pod with the rest of your code is a guarantee that all the developers of the project are using the exact code when they will build . Even if your third party dependency removes your code from the internet, your project still has to be created. However, now you have a lot of source code that is not related to your own version. As one side: you may always "xcuserdata" in your jugnor, that your system-wide guit may also be overlooked, because other users of your code Probably not interested in your personal Xcode settings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -