computer architecture - How do i calculate the size of a tag field? -


I'm amending an exam and I have a question that I do not know how to do, I have my notes Looked through and cant find anything on it, can someone help me?

Looking at the 64Kb cache, which has 64 blocks per block with 1024 blocks, what is the tag field size for 32-bit architecture?

The question is just 1 point, so I can not imagine that the answer is very difficult, but I can not find anything about it.

You need 32 bit for the address offset of a block You need 6 bits You need 10 bits to identify one of the 1,024 potential blocks in the cache. It has 16 bits in total, so tags need to be 32 bit - 16 bit = 16 bits.

I recommend the link which has been provided aruisdante and how to calculate it yourself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -