css - Text overflowing div -


EDIT: Wow, do I feel like heel? This is probably the worst question posted on the internet, anytime. The whole problem is that I tried to fit an incredibly long word in a div and it was overflowing. Sorry, I wasted all the time

I am totally new to CSS. I am trying to keep a simple page together with some columns or divs. I can just fine-tune the column, but when I add text to them, the text overflows only the column / division I am within the appropriate div How can I keep the text?

I have read in all the books / tutorials / sites, this issue has never been born. So why is this a problem for me? What do people usually do that prevent it from having an issue in the first place?

I assume that the browser will once again move the text to a new line,

Also, Overflow: I'm not seeing what I'm looking for. I do not want to hide the overflow I want to end the overflow altogether. I just want to flow naturally within the bounds of the text.

How can I get it? I've tried text alignment: center and text alignment: Justify and word-wrap: word-break, but I think I should not need any of these, and they do not give me what I want anyway . Or do I need one of them?

Thanks for any help

EDIT: Here is the code for representative DIV

HTML:

  lt; div id = "left" & gt; & Lt; H2 & gt; Left column & lt; / H2 & gt; & Lt; P & gt; Asdfksdfsdfsdfsdfsdfksdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfksdfsdfsdf Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfksdf Asdfksdfsdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfa Asdff & lt; / P & gt; & Lt; / Div & gt;   

CSS:

  # left {position: absolute; Left: 0 pixels; Width: 240 pixels; Background color: green; }   

The div is contained in a second divo which is in the relative position.

Try it with.

  .breakWord120 {max-width: 120px! Important; Word-break: break-all! Important; Word-wrap: Break-word! Important; Vertical-alignment: top; Line-height: 15px; } & Lt; Asp: Label ID = "Label1" runat = "server" CssClass = "breakWord120" & gt; & Lt; / Asp: label & gt;   

Edit:

  & lt; div id = "left" & gt; & Lt; H2 & gt; Left column & lt; / H2 & gt; & Lt; P & gt; Asdfksdfsdfsdfsdfsdfksdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfksdfsdfsdf Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfa Asdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfksdfsdfksdfodfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdff & lt; / P & gt; & Lt; / Div & gt; ....... ....... # left {status: absolute; Left: 0 pixels; Max-width: 240px! Important; Background color: green; Word-break: break-all! Important; Word-wrap: Break-word! Important; }   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -