Managing custom cookbooks in a chef repo -


I was wondering how the chef user organizes custom cookbooks in connection with the main chef store, I have a repository Launched, and then installed custom cookbooks in the chef repo (i.e. the cookbook code is managed in the chef repo codebase). Although it has become an incompatible - especially when we want to work on different versions of a cookbook, and I'm wondering if it is more intelligent to build independent kitchen books and then to draw in cookbooks with Berkleshof Makes - What are the best practices in terms of best practices and how are you doing it?

Keeping cookbooks in a GIT does not scale well, I would like to cook my cookbooks one of the chef servers For example, working as a cookbook repository (I do not connect VM to this chef server) It is designed to fulfill my development dependence (or) in the Java development to fulfill the same purpose.

While loading a new chef server, I download the dependence of my kitchen books using Berkshale, this Chef server refers to a "chef_api" directive:

  • All this will be replaced with Berkshift 3.0 (just continue). I want to know that what I am hoping will make my work flow easier.

  • An example of the chef server (as I do)
  • The cookbook is stored on the file system (this can show you better)

    Hope it helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -