Django doesn't look for static files in my app -


I have developed a stand-alone Django app that has a stable JS file. On some installations, the Django Development Server can not find the static file. The AP has been installed as a Python package with PIP, and I am in the site-package / app name / static / JS / myfile.js

Looking at the Django Debug Toolbar, and the "Stable" panel installed, I see a list of "stable file apps". My app is not listed there. How can I tell Django that it's in my app's static file folder Should also look?

I am using Django 1.6.3 with the following stable file finders:

  static_finders = (' 'Django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.AppDirectoriesFinder',)   

django.contrib.staticfiles app is installed.

Update: When using manage.py collectstatic , files are not copied from the app.

OK, it was stupid.

The app was part of the earlier old project in question. I changed it to an different development machine on a free app when I wrap it up as an independent app, then I can copy the myproject / myapp folder to another machine Removed, and used the pip installation to install it in the virtual and project's projects.

Then I used this development machine, a git pull and pip install . It does not delete * myproject / myapp folder - it only deletes all files managed by git .pyc files are not deleted, so keep the folder , And Zango are being removed from a site-package P> myproject / myapp rather than static files in that folder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -