Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -


I have a requirement whenever I run my own kettle, dynamically took database connection parameters from an excel source Every run should go.

I have an Excel column names: hostname, username, database, password.

I want to pass these connection parameters to my table input stage dynamically whenever it runs the job.

This is what I was trying to do.

Enter image details </ P> </ div> <p> <div class =

You can get it

  • Connection parameters from the DB reading source (for example Excel or a CSV file in my example) < / Li>
  • Store the parameters in the variable
  • Using the variable in your connection's settings.
  • Setting Variables Create another conversion for (you can not do it in the same conversion Uses):

change to set variables

set variables element variable:

 Configuring Variables

  • The element that reads / writes your data creates a new connection and sets the connection parameter using $ {variable name_} Note that you will need to type in the field field in the field $ {password} Also keep in mind that this can be a security problem as the price can be shown as plain text in log files!

Configuring DB Connection

    < Li> Make a variable change in your job first and then call functional part:

 Work


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -