postgresql - Setting up postgres on VPS for production -


Therefore, I have a pyramid app with a postgrez database on my local machine, to get the data dump in my database Did a pg_dump, which is called pg_dump_2014-04-22 I then pushed this file to git, and pulled a vibration into the VPS to get the file.

Now, I've already installed postgres on my VPS. When I do sudo -u postgres psql on my VPS, I can connect it but there is no relation (naturally).

Both my user names and database names are postgres .

So, I tried psql postgres & lt; Pg_dump_2014-04-22 , but this error returns psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist .

I also tried to pg_restore -h localhost -U postgres -d postgres pg_dump_2014-04-22 , and this indicates my password, but then the error < code> pg_restore: [Archiver (db)] Connection happened for database "postgres": FATAL: password authentication failed for user postgrades "

What am I missing here ? <

You must first create a user and database where you can import your dump Want

su postgres

createuser root

createdd yourdb

then import with a dump

psql -d yourdb -f pg_dump_2014-04-22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass DB Connection parameters to a Kettle a.k.a PDI table Input step dynamically from Excel -

multithreading - PhantomJS-Node in a for Loop -

c++ - MATLAB .m file to .mex file using Matlab Compiler -